About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt is one of the world’s largest providers of human resource management services that employs more than 30,000 people and maintains a presence in 90 countries.
In order to modernize and secure its applications, Aon Hewitt selected WSM to migrate their enterprise applications. Aon Hewitt needed a partner to also assist in scanning, detecting, identifying, and removing security threats before migrating. The over 100 servers were a mix of Windows and Linux running mission-critical applications and needed to be migrated to a hosted cloud environment.
- First, WSM assessed and identified all of the client’s compromised enterprise applications and began emergency remediation work on them. This included locking down all applications to maintain system stability and then initiating vulnerability scans.
- Systems that were identified as having vulnerabilities were isolated or quarantined from other systems while security patches were applied. During the remediation process, all content on the site was updated manually to mitigate the risk of further compromises.
- Once secured, WSM upgraded all applications to current version levels.
- Then, the applications were migrated to a newly architected cloud environment at Rackspace. this environment was architected based on the client’s unique business requirements, considering the scalability and server redundancy requirements, as well as service level and regulatory compliance requirements.
- To ensure the client’s website and applications were fully cloud-optimized, WSM performed load testing.
- Executed a successful migration of more than 100 server instances
- Remediated and secured workloads under security threats to mitigate compromises
- Fully optimized the company’s website and applications for the cloud