About First Aid Beauty
First Aid Beauty offers a range of effective yet luxurious skincare products, free of harsh chemicals and known allergens, that address skin concerns such as aging, dryness, redness, eczema, acne, and sun protection. FAB is distributed through Sephora and other domestic beauty retailers.
First Aid Beauty (FAB) was running a Magento-based website on AWS using stand-alone AWS EC2 instances. Not configured to be load-balanced or scalable on AWS, FAB’s traffic increased and spiked during peak traffic seasons, causing slower site response times. Additionally, FAB was looking to deploy a redeveloped Magento-based website.
With First Aid Beauty’s old environment built in a generic CloudFormation template provided by their managed AWS provider, WSM developed a new, custom site in Magento that took advantage of AWS services with high-availability in mind.
- WSM engineers created a custom, automated deployment process leveraging AWS Code Deploy to pull the new application from GitHub, package it up and deploy it automatically.
- The new Cloud Formation template was designed to leverage EC2 instances within an auto-scaling group behind an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB).
- The database was moved to Amazon’s Relational Database Service (RDS) with Elasticache clusters for memory caching.
- WSM deployed the newly developed Magento-based website in the new CloudFormation template with AWS CodeDeploy scripts and high-availability in mind.
- Successful launch of First Aid Beauty’s new Magento-based website on AWS
- Auto-scaling and high-availability environment leveraged for peak traffic seasons
- Automatic code deployment for future versions of the application