Founded in 1999, Ippolita is a fast-growing designer and marketer of luxury fashion jewelry and related products. The company sells its products at leading premium retailers, through a number of specialty boutiques and its own website.
Ippolita was running a Magento-based website on AWS using stand-alone AWS EC2 instances. Not configured to be load-balanced or scalable on AWS, Ippolita’s traffic increased and spiked during peak traffic seasons, causing slower site response times. Additionally, Ippolita was looking to deploy a redeveloped Magento-based website.
With Ippolita’s old environment built in a generic CloudFormation template provided by their managed AWS provider. WSM developed a new, custom site in Magento that took advantage of AWS services with high-availability in mind.
- WSM engineers created a custom, automated deployment process leveraging AWS Code Deploy to pull the new application from GitHub, package it up and deploy it automatically.
- The new Cloud Formation template was designed to leverage EC2 instances within an auto-scaling group behind an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB).
- The database was moved to Amazon’s Relational Database Service (RDS) with Elasticache clusters for memory caching.
- WSM deployed the newly developed Magento-based website in the new CloudFormation template with AWS CodeDeploy scripts and high-availability in mind.
- Successful launch of Ippolita’s new Magento-based website on AWS
- Auto-scaling and high-availability environment leveraged for peak traffic seasons
- Automatic code deployment for future versions of the application